Monday, October 10, 2011

Oh, Damn

I was hoping to come back to this lovely little spot on the world wide web in a few days or so. However, at present I am trapped on the sofa with back spasms and the only thing I can reach is my computer. So, I decided to blog about chocolate, and its completely horrible effect on my behind.
At one point I had talked about being a size 16 curvy lady. That was over a year ago. I am now a much larger size, and it is no longer something I feel comfortable with. I had some nasty health problems that resulted in some not so little weight gain. Now, I am borderline diabetic, and infertile, as a result of the weight gain and health problems.
Logically, I would try to control my diet and exercise. I should be fighting for all I am worth to conquer this weight demon and avoid insulin and needles. Now thats the logical approach.
It seems there are few things that are logical when it comes to women, hormones, and chocolate. Particularly milk chocolate.
I keep buying it, thinking I will put it aside as a treat to have later. And of course, when I do indulge, it will be moderation. At least, this is the plan.
What really happens is I rip open a piece of chocolate, and by the end of the day have consumed half a bag. (ok, the WHOLE bag.) Blood sugar shoots through the roof, energy levels sink to a new low, and all I can say is, "but I felt so great while I was eating it."
Last night my Dear Husband told me, again, this has to stop. I was feeling less than sweet and submissive last night, so my reply was "yeah, yeah, whatever. What are you going to do, spank me?!" In case you can't tell, the health problems have not affected my mouths ability to get me into trouble.
"Yes, actually, I am."
Can someone please tell me why I give him ideas? I found myself facing the wall, with my hands resting above my head, and my butt being pounded. Did the message sink in? We will find out when I go grocery shopping this week.

2 comments:

  1. As a chocolate lover, I can relate to your post. Will be interested to see if the message sinks in when you go to the grocery store.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  2. for the sake of my backside, I am really hoping it did.

    ReplyDelete